The National Strategies
The National Strategies are professional development programmes for early years, primary and secondary school teachers, practitioners and managers. They are one of the Government's principal vehicles for improving the quality of learning and teaching in schools and early years settings and raising standards of attainment. The site provides useful information and research on promoting behaviour change, social and emotional education and inclusion.
Improving Behaviour in Schools
Here you will find information on the DCSF's policies to promote inclusion and learning through positive behaviour. The site contains information on
- Behaviour and bullying
- Departmental Policy - an overview of the Department's policies on behaviour and bullying.
- Departmental Publications - Contains guidance, good practice materials, and research reports.
- News and Future Events
- Case Studies and Visits -
- Useful Sites for Schools
- Information for Parents -
- External Organisations - Contains links to voluntary and community sector organisations.
Behaviour and Education Support Teams (BEST) website
BESTs are multi-agency teams that work closely with defined groups of schools to provide whole school, group and individual support to address the needs of children and young people with emotional and behavioural problems. Tables of effective interventions at individual, group and institution level can be found here.